Safety Precautions during the Covid 19 Pandemic RH Counselling Service Ltd
As long as Covid-19 remains an active public health threat, RH Counselling Service will be taking some simple precautions to provide protection for both my clients and I, for face to face work.
My commitment to my clients:
• If I begin to feel unwell or am displaying any symptoms, I will inform you immediately and either rearrange your appointment or offer an online session instead.
• I will follow all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing, maintaining a minimum of two meters at all times.
• I will take my temperature and wash my hands upon arrival at work and will wash and sanitise hands between each session.
• I will wear a plastic see through face guard for all sessions to protect myself and my clients and can wear surgical gloves, if requested by the client.
• I will open the door to the therapy room for you at the beginning and end of the session. I will also offer you hand sanitiser and take your temperature at the door.
• Where possible and if confidentiality allows, I will keep a window open during the session. I will also ‘air out’ the therapy room during sessions.
• I will no longer be provided any water/drinks.
• I will no longer supply tissues; clients are encouraged to bring their own and take away used ones to dispose of at home.
• I will wipe down chairs, spraying soft furnishings with antibacterial fabric spray, wipe all door handles, office equipment and office furniture every day and in between sessions with antibacterial cleaner.
My requirements for clients:
• If you are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms, please do inform me straight away. I will either rearrange your appointment or move your session to an online appointment.
• Clients must wear a face covering at all times in the building, this can be removed only when in the room.
• Each client must use hand sanitiser upon entry of the building and therapy room.
• All clients must arrive as close to their time as possible, to reduce people in the building at any one time.
• For your safety please use your own toilet facilities at home before leaving for the session.
• Compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of one meters distance from the therapist at all times.
• Allow the therapist to open the therapy room door for you upon arrival and leaving.
• Make use of the hand sanitiser provided before sitting down.
• I ask you not to touch any surfaces in the therapy room (apart from your chair).
• If you choose to bring your own drink, please ensure the bottle/cup is taken away with you.
• Ensure that any tissues used are disposed of as above and not left in the therapy room.
•Please note, masks are now a requirement, please ensure masks are put away if removed to reduce cross contamination where possible.
This is a period of rapid change for us all and the sources cited in this are updated frequently to reflect the latest information – please check the links provided to make sure the details are still relevant. Government, NHS, and Public Health England.